Hairy Balls Inspire Me

Gotcha, didn't I?

 But I'm talking about the new yarns that came out that have lots of shaggy elements about them. They do inspire me to find creative uses for them aside from just knitting or crocheting. I've been given a lot of yarns and some of them are quite shaggy. I roll my yarn into balls, and these "hairy balls" do inspire me to find other uses for them. That's really not what this post is about but I couldn't resist using the title.

So anyway----

I've done an experiment with a chair that was given to me and I've found that it's got insecticide of some kind all over it. In the past I've reacted to an insecticide and got very similar symptoms to the ones that put me in the hospital but at the time of the hospitalization, I didn't remember the other incident.

This chair is kind of a neat old bent wood chair but when I sat on it or leaned back on it, I'd find myself having to peel my clothes off it when I'd get up. They'd stick to it like with some kind of varnish or something that had never completely dried. Well, I thought maybe I was allergic to something around the table where I use the laptop and where I also do my art. It didn't dawn on me that the chair would be the culprit but when I sat in that chair again, my feet by the end of the day were swelling and showing blood vessels rupturing again. I stayed out of the chair for a couple of days and my feet went back to normal. I still didn't connect the chair to the problem with my feet because I didn't know if it was a problem with something else in that ares.  However, I had a light bulb moment finally in which I remembered the other incident. So I switched chairs---put another chair there to sit on and no reaction whatsoever. I was fine and still am. I put that contaminated chair outside and I'm going to just have somebody do away with it so it can't be used by anyone again. I won't go put it in the dumpster for fear somebody might dig it out of there and keep it. Like I said, it's kind of a neat and unusual old chair so I'd be surprised if someone else didn't think it would be neat to have.  My son said it needs to be stripped and refinished, but I told him it needs to be destroyed. Even if someone tried stripping and refinishing it, I don't think that would get rid of the insecticide. I think it's probably just sunken into the wood itself. Insecticides are the deadliest of poisons and I just want the whole thing done away with. I wouldn't even burn it for fear of what that would release into the air so I don't know what my decision will be about getting rid of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking of Making Things Harder than Need Be---

Everyday Enchantment Tarot by Poppy Palin

Oh-oh-oh Say Can You See? No, Actually, I Can't Now That You Mention It