Speaking of Making Things Harder than Need Be---

My oldest son lives in this same secluded mobile home park. He's manager and my grandson owns the park. The grandson and son installed me in a wonderful RV and it's just so cozy and beautiful.  But yesterday my son was very sick and to save calling and waking him up to ask silly questions, I just used my life experience and knowledge to act on my own. It was getting down into the 20's at night, so I remembered that if you don't want the water to freeze up, you turn on the faucets to run a thin stream in the sinks. So I did that! Chalk one up for the old lady, right? Bring in the brass monkeys and wear your willy warmers, guys, because it's COLD outside!

I took a shower and then came to the living area to crochet a combination spreadcloth/Tarot deck case for my new Everyday Enchantment deck. I had to go to the upper part to get the yarn and as I went by the shower, I stepped in wet.. I thought I'd dripped when I got out of the shower so I went on and got the ball of yarn I needed and came back out here to crochet and listen to music. Really cozy and I had the water in both sinks running and music going---it was a really nice evening and I felt good about being able to take care of myself..

Going back to the upper area to use the bathroom, my socks got all wet. I'd dripped more than I thought but back to the living room. Only when I came down the steps to the lower lavel, the living room rug showed wet footprints. I thought, "Now wait a minute, that wasn't wet last time I stepped on it and the sink isn't running over. Then I noticed where the water was coming from.The shower had overflowed with water which by then had saturated everything up on the other level and was now making a little invisible waterfall down the steps to the lower area.. I still couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

As I bailed water out of the shower into a bucket and sloshed and squished my way out to the kitchen to empty the bucket, I remembered something. My other RV's only had one grey water tank. However, my son had told me that this has TWO grey water tanks. He left the kitchen one to flow freely but left the other one that serves the bedroom/bathroom area closed and the black water tank closed as well. He then comes and empties the tanks for me about once a week. He got sick and didn't empty the tanks yesterday. So his incredibly intelligent, vigilant and resourseful mother made the wrong decision and not only showered but then turned the bathroom faucet on and let the water run. The water had to go somewhere so it did. And I'm still squishing when I walk even though I put down all my towels to try to hurry the drying process.

Not only that but today my son felt better and shared the following information:

The reason this RV is called a "Snowbird" is because it was made for severe cold weather. All the plumbing is inside the RV, enclosed within it so it won't freeze. The only thing that will freeze, if anything does, is the hose that brings the water into the house where it lies on the ground. SOOOO---I made my life way harder than it needed to be, didn't I?

Wait till the next installment which will involve doggy diapers and duct tape. No----it's not kinky! I'm too old for that. Just read the next installment when I get it done tomorrow.


Comments

  1. Oh, Grizabella! I hope things got fixed and your place is nice and dry now. Wet and cold is not a pleasant combination to have --to put it mildly. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everyday Enchantment Tarot by Poppy Palin

Oh-oh-oh Say Can You See? No, Actually, I Can't Now That You Mention It