Hi Honey! I'm Home!

I just got out of the hospital a couple days ago. Quite an experience. I appreciate their care but I hope I stay in better shape for another 20 years. My first really severe crash with my inflammatory diseases happened almost exactly 20 years ago. Needless to say, I was younger then and hadn't even entered my 50's yet. Now I'm 73 and just as time marches on, so does my condition. Temporal arteritis is one name for this disease. I won't belabor the disease thing here because I'm just glad to be out of the hospital and want to get back to what I was doing that I enjoyed so much before the big ER and hospitalization trip.

I've written some humorous stuff in these blog posts, but this is not going to be so humorous. I'm good at laughing at myself, but I can be down to earth and not silly as well.

What I've been doing before the hospital was taking some granny squares my late ex-mother-in-law crocheted before she passed away but never made anything out of them and I'm putting them together into little crib sized afghans for her great-great-grandchildren. Since I'm the great-grandma and my children are the new grandparents, I thought it would be nice to get together with the new grandmothers and plan out how these little afghans are going to be designed. The first couple of them are for two of the little babies who are aged almost one and just past one. One of them comes from a family that owns a firearms store and the other from a friend of that family who also enjoys hunting. Now, in this culture of going hunting and things, camo is "in" for clothing and such. The hunters wear camo and then also wear bright orange stuff. How that makes them unseen by the deer and elk, I have no clue. I mean, bright orange stands out like a sore thumb even if you're wearing camo. Right? But who am I to split hairs? One of the new grandparents suggested that I incorporate some orange into the camo edging and that sounds awesome, so that's the deal for two of the little afghans.

I also had some birthday money and I bought a little travel palette of Schminke watercolors someone on an art forum I belong to had and was selling super cheap. I bought those,  I took up watercolor painting a little over a year ago and I'm thrilled with the Schminckes.. Haven't gotten to use them very much but now that I'm out of the hospital, I'll be doing something with them soon. Probably after Christmas when I've gotten the baby afghans done.

My oldest daughter gave me TONS of painting supplies recently and my little brother bought me a set of oils and brushes, so I'm back in business with the supplies to paint in oils, which I've done well with since 1979 but didn't have my oil painting stuff anymore so I went to watercolor. Now I'm going to just really enjoy art again. My brother wants me to paint a cross-cut saw for him. We were from a logging family and this old saw will make a wonderful "canvas" to do something with as a keepsake in the family.

Well, enough of this serious stuff. It's late and I need to read my book till I get sleepy. I'll be back to putting out a newsletter every day and I hope it will be entertaining for whoever wants to read it..







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking of Making Things Harder than Need Be---

Everyday Enchantment Tarot by Poppy Palin

Welcome to Grizabella's Tippy Tea House Newsletter