Oh-oh-oh Say Can You See? No, Actually, I Can't Now That You Mention It

After all the excitement of water sports here in My Tippy Tea House, I was glad to be able to settle down, go to bed, read a book and just call it a night and go to sleep for once. There was a difficulty with the reading bit, though.

See, it all began about a week ago. I was going to clean the bird cage and get him all cozy and settled, even though he's an ungrateful bird who treat me as if I'm just the hired help. I don't know what did it but the cage tipped over and the bird got out. So I went chasing him till I could catch him, get him back tnto the cage and safe. Well, somehow in the fray, I lost one of the lenses out of my glasses. I've had the same glasses for 14 years and when they were only 3 weeks old, the lenses started falling out and I've been just putting them back together with bread ties or crafting wire ever since. Now, normally when a lens pops out, it plops into my lap---or my soup---or wherever. This time, though, since I was intent on getting the bird caught before he got hurt or went somewhere in the house where he couldn't get out or something, I wasn't paying attention when the lens fell out. I might have noticed but don't remember it though, because my glasses were lying on the table minus a lens once the birding expedition was over.

I work with very, very small beads to supplement my income or give as gifts, so I have a thing that I wear on my head with a light and a few magnifying lenses in a little box. One of the lenses was just right so I always wore that for beading or anything else really small. I can wear it to read with, too, and do that sometimes.

I wasn't really worried about finding the lens from my glasses that night. I was going to search for the lens with a flashlight the next day when I wasn't so tired, so no big deal, me and the book and the head lamp thing would just enjoy our evening. I grabbed the headlight thing, my book, and whatever else and went on up to bed. I settled down and got ready to read.

But no lens! Yep, that stinking lens fell out somewhere and I can't find that now either. I chose the second best lens and I can read with it well enough, but now I've got TWO lenses lost around here somewhere. Naturally, when someone wears glasses we all know they don't see well without them, right? I'm probably going to have to have my toddler great-grandchildren and their bright little eyes find at least one lens for me.

As if this weren't bad enough, I haven't got curtains up yet on some of the windows. Now I go around with this weird light thing on my head and the world can see me because I don't have curtains. Soooo---onward and upward.

My Everyday Enchantment hasn't informed me of these things ahead of time.  If it had a voice or a persona, I think the deck would say, "You didn't ask" I don't really read for myself but I do card spreads and glance over them just out of habit and usually I see things I might want to be aware of if there are any. However, the deck didn't warn me. Having this beautiful deck beside me makes a happy spot in my day no matter what else is happening. I'm working on a review to post in Tarot Tea and Me forum. I expect I'll probably have it ready to post on Monday.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Speaking of Making Things Harder than Need Be---

Everyday Enchantment Tarot by Poppy Palin